IMPORTANT SERVER ANNOUNCEMENT & BETA TESTING

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by bajansam, May 11, 2018.

1. bajansam

Staff Member Owner Admin

bajansam
    Im going to start off by openly admitting that this season has been a huge disaster for the server. With a pretty strong release, we quickly ran into a huge lag issue, which took almost 2 weeks to find the cause of, and ultimately fix. Along the way, I also found multiple performance imperfections which have previously gone un-noticed until now. So I have made a big decision, which I believe is overdue and well needed for Brutal...

What's going on?

After the stressful 2 weeks of working alongside many highly experienced and well known developers (who I would like to take this opportunity to thank again, you know who you are!) trying to find the cause of this issue, and watching our player count slowly die to what it is now, I have decided its about time to hit delete on Brutal.

By delete, i don't mean gone forever. Over the many years Brutal has been running, with multiple owners, the system has become scattered and not been very well maintained, so I have decided to completely rebuild the server from the ground up, starting with an entire new dedicated machine with the newest specs, and best performance. This literally means we are starting again in terms of the backend server, but once reopened, the only difference you will see as players, is a change in style, features and performance.

So, whats going to happen now?

We have teamed up with a team of very experienced developers who have kindly offered to assist with this monumental task, and I have no doubt that the server will be vastly improved once complete.

A complete server rebuild takes a lot of time and money to be done, and so I have decided to invest a large amount of my own money to get this done right, as well as have a huge, strong release when we are back!

We have decided to close the server as soon as tomorrow, after the final FTOP payout is complete at 8PM GMT. This will formally end the server for the time being, and players will no longer be able to connect while we rebuild.

How long is this going to take?!

Im not going to lie, I don't really know. It highly depends on the time we have available personally, and also whether or not we run into any problems, which lets be honest, we usually do. Im going to estimate that it will take around 1 month for us to complete, but that is just an estimation, and if anything, could take longer.

Im going to formally say that the server will be closed until further notice, but we have already started work, and we will try our best to get this monumental task completed as soon as possible. We will try to update you guys frequently.

Are you quitting on us Sam?!

No. Im not.

I got very close to giving up with the server this season, because of the huge pile of issues we ran into, and a new job i recently started, which was consuming a fair chunk of my free time for training. However, after the support i have had from developers, our staff, and a lot of you, I have decided to go forward with this, and really focus on improving the server for the future.

I will not be quitting, and i will not be selling Brutal, despite the rumours.

To conclude...

I really hope that you all understand the decision we have made, and support us through this large step for Brutal. I understand some of you may be frustrated and not happy with the decision, but it is well needed and overdue for the server. The bonus is, we'll be returning hopefully stronger than ever, with many many many more features.

If anyone has any requests, suggestions, or questions, please post in the correct section on the FORUMS (not discord). If you also know of any previous bugs, no matter how small, please also report these too, so we can make sure these get fixed in the rebuild, although i'm sure many will anyway.

>> BETA TESTING <<

Due to us basically starting again from scratch, we are going to need to rigorously test the server before making our re-release. And for this we are going to need beta testers! Over the next few days, we will be opening up beta release applications, for anyone who may be interested in helping us in the coming month. More information will follow on this. Beta testers will get a bunch of free perks next season, as well as some free store credit to use on release!

DONATORS

Do not worry! You will not lose anything. All previous purchases will remain.

If you have donated in the past 7 days, please contact me directly on Discord to receive a credit refund on whatever you have purchased in the past week. We don't like to scam our players, unlike a lot of other servers... its unfair, and unprofessional.

I love you all, please don't kill me. <3

bzs and IcingSnowflake like this.
  2. Ikeetjeop

i'm near you ;)

3. xiSkullz

Staff Member

4. bzs

bzs
    Staff Member Moderator

We will come back stronger than ever!

5. ArmanTheOnlyOG

6. SSky_Skraper

Hey you are making the server better what more could I ask?

7. IcingSnowflake

Staff Member Moderator

We love you Sam ❤

8. Ninjarektyou

I'm cool with it, Ill also want to beta test :3

9. bajansam

Staff Member Owner Admin

bajansam
    Message me on discord to be added to our beta testing role! :)

10. bajansam

Staff Member Owner Admin

bajansam
    Thanks for the support! <3

11. Fre3dom_

lol I hope so o_O

12. LiilPumpJetski

13. Crxy

14. lewis haydon

FooFuYT
    I think you should drop the name brutal factions since it has such a bad stigma to it now and can't wait to see the changes

15. YammyTheCat