Important information [PLEASE READ]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by bajansam, Jan 22, 2018.

1. bajansam

Staff Member Owner Admin

bajansam
    Over the past few days since the server closed for reset, i have been extremely busy updating things! heres a quick list of the important stuff...

New website:

Design:
    As you will have noticed by now, we have a completely redesigned site and forums, and finally, the theme runs across the entire site, including the store! YAY! About time! The entire site for Brutal Network will now work across all platforms, including mobile... you know... for that Brutal fix on-the-go.

Domains:
    You will also notice, we have a new website and forums domain. From now on, all brutal domains should redirect to https://brutal.network for our homepage, or https://forums.brutal.network for our forums. If they don't for some reason, please use the domains above.

Please update any bookmarks or saved links you may have. If you have a link for example brutalnetwork.net/forums/thread/i/wanted/to/keep you can simply change the "brutalnetwork.net" part to just "brutal.network" e.g brutal.network/forums/thread/i/wanted/to/keep

The following domains are now redundant, and no longer being used, but for now, will redirect you here:
    • brutalfactions.co.uk
    • brutalfactions.us
    • brutalnetwork.net
    New server IP:
    - play.brutal.network

System and server upgrade:

We have upgraded our entire system that runs the site and Minecraft server, and its fast.

New system specs are:

Intel i7-7700K OC
    4c/8t - 4.7GHz /5GHz
    64GB DDR4 2400 MHz
    SoftRaid 2x450GB SSD

This is a huge improvement from our previous specs.

Bans:

Since Brutal is under new management and ownership, we have decided, for this reset, to unban ALL players. This includes people who were previously 'blacklisted'. We have decided to take this step, as some players may have been previously banned for issues with the previous management, and we believe this is unfair.

"What about all those hackers?!" i hear you say? Well, if they come back, and if they are found to still be hacking then... we will find you, and we will ban you.

The store:

We have a lot of updates and changes to do on the store, and so we have disabled it for now, until everything is ready. This will be ready before reset!

FTop Winners for last season:

Due to a few occasions where factions bended the rules, and knew they were doing so, some factions have been issued fines from their FTop value, and this has created a joint 2nd place for FTop, which means there will be no prize for 3rd place. The final positions are as follows:

1st Place: Dynamic
    2nd Place: Riot & Jazz (joint 2nd)

Can factions owners please contact me asap on either discord or in a PM on the forums to claim their prize.

So, thats it for now! There will be a lot more updates in the next few days, as well as our new trailer, so keep an eye out!

Any questions, comments or feedback? Please post in the comments below!

<3

#1 bajansam, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Kourt and Chwie like this.
  2. Chwie

3. mjn

mjn

Change reset time to 8pm gmt you’ll have lots more players than 10pm brutal is a eu player base more than us and it’ll be late for eu players

bzs likes this.
  4. bajansam

Staff Member Owner Admin

bajansam
    Thats a good point actually, may do that... we’ll see!

bzs likes this.
  5. Arrowflame36

What about the vote top people?

6. bajansam

Staff Member Owner Admin

bajansam
    That is monthly and will be done at the end of this month.

7. bzs

bzs
    Staff Member Helper

Let’s hope next reset is better

Hezzawee likes this.